As a Certified Information Privacy Professional in the EU, I deal with various aspects of EU privacy and data protection law:
- I assist clients with the development and implementation of various international data transfer mechanisms, including EU Standard Contractual Clauses and Binding Corporate Rules.
- I assist clients in handling data breach incidents.
- I represent clients in negotiations of data processing agreements, such as cloud services agreements.
- I advise clients on data protection issues related to the use of new technologies.
- I advise clients on compliance with EU data protection law requirements, including drafting and reviewing European privacy policies and notices.
With trade experience at major international law firms, I deal with various aspects of international trade law:
- I represent foreign governments as well as individual exporters involved in anti-subsidy investigations. Therefore, I handle all aspects of a case, from the completion of questionnaire responses to representing clients at Commission hearings.
- I represent clients in anti-dumping cases before the European Commission and EU Courts. Therefore, I assist clients in dealing with all aspects of their case, including completion of questionnaire responses, drafting of injury submissions, preparation of and attendance at on-the-spot verifications by Commission officials and representation of clients at Commission hearings.
- I provide strategic advice to clients for the preparation of future anti-dumping actions or for the management of the aftermath of an anti-dumping measure, including interim and sunset reviews, anti-absorption and anti-circumvention investigations as well as refund applications.
- I advise clients on customs issues such as tariff classification, preferential and non-preferential origin issues, tariff quota and duty suspensions, customs valuation, outward and inward processing procedures, preferential trade regimes (GSP, FTAs), and requests for repayment and remission.
- I handle classification, valuation and origin disputes before the EU Commission, including its Customs Code Committee, OLAF, the Court of Justice of the EU, the WCO, the WTO and the Member States’ customs authorities and their national courts.
- I advise clients on the scope and enforcement of preferential trade agreements.
- I assist governments in the implementation of WTO Agreements, ensuring that domestic legislation and administrative procedures comply with their WTO obligations.
- I monitor and assess developments in multilateral and plurilateral trade negotiations such as the Doha Development Agenda (DDA), the Information Technology Agreement (ITA), the Environmental Goods Agreement (EGA) and the Trade in Services Agreement (TISA). I provide governments, companies and trade associations with current and concise reports on the state of the on-going negotiations and accurate analyses of the consequences of the various proposals tabled by WTO Members.
- I provide legal advice on the usage, protection and enforcement of copyright and trademarks.
- I represent clients in the entertainment industry (fashion, films, and music) in injunction and infringement proceedings covering trademarks and copyright issues.
- I deal with all aspects of corporate law, namely: private M&A, public M&A and capital markets (debt and equity), insolvency and restructuring, private equity and venture capital transactions, corporate real estate transactions, corporate governance, and corporate litigation.
- I deal with most of the aspects of restructuring, namely: negotiation with the entire range of stakeholders (regulators, suppliers, clients, creditors, shareholders and personnel); assistance to directors and officers in relation to judicial reorganisation proceedings and in relation to bankruptcies; assistance in relation to the preparation, negotiation and execution of social plans in relation to the personnel.
With a strong academic path and relevant experience in European and International Business Law in different working environments, I offer tailor-made trainings for companies on Privacy, Intellectual Property, Trade and Corporate Legal Issues.